Outfitters, Guides, and Suppliers
Virginia Mountains from North Carolina to Roanoke
- Allisonia Trading Post. Outfitting on New River Trail State Park.
HCO2 Box 15 B, Allisonia, VA 24347. Phone (540) 980-2051.
- Blue Blaze Bike and Shuttle Service. Shuttle service for high country
trails, Virginia Creeper Trail and Appalachian Trail. P. O. Box 982, 227 West
Laurel Avenue, Damascus, VA 24236. Phone (800) 475-5095 or (540) 475-5095.
- Cliffview Trading Post. Bicycle and horse rental on New River Trail
State Park. Route 4, Box 163, Galax, VA 24333. Phone (540) 238-1530.
- Land, Air, & Water. Canoe scenic rivers, bike backroads and trails,
fish, cave, ride horseback, raft, and more. P. O. Box 1210, St. Paul, VA 24283.
Phone (540) 762-7500 or E-mail: [email protected].
- Mount Rogers High Country Outdoor Center. Wilderness adventures,
sightseeing, pack trips, and wagon rides. Trips originate at livery base camp
on VA 603 in Troutdale. P. O. Box 151, Troutdale, VA 24378. Phone (540) 677-3900.
- New River Adventures. Canoe and bike rental and shuttle service along
New River and New River Trail State Park. Easy access to New River at small
boat ramp at Foster Falls. 1007 North 4th Street, Wytheville, VA 24382. Phone
- The Outpost. Rental fly fishing equipment, information, maps, permits
to fish four-mile-long stocked Cascades Stream at The Homestead, state licenses,
clothing. Guides for trout fishing Cascades Stream, Back Creek, Little Back
Creek, upper and lower Jackson River. 2 Cottage Row, Box 943, Hot Springs,
VA 24445. (540) 839-5442.
- Virginia Highlands Llamas. Outfitter cooks gourmet meals and provides
llamas to carry the gear. Route 1, Box 41, Bland, VA 24315. Phone (540) 688-4464.
- Virginia Wilderness Co. Guided backpacking, fly fishing trips into
southwest Virginia backcountry. Gourmet cooking. All camping, fishing equipment
provided. 10468 Fortune Ridge Road, Bent Mountain, VA 24059. Phone (800) 683-1831,
ext. 3461. (540) 929-4025.
- Wilderness Road Tours. Van and bus tours of Cumberland Gap area.
224 Greenwood Road, Middlesboro, KY 40965. Phone (606) 248-2626.
Virginia MountainsNorth of Roanoke
- Downriver Canoe Co. Shenandoah River outfitting and guide service.
P. O. Box 10, Bentonville, VA 22610. Phone (800) 338-1963.
- Highland Adventures. Variety of mountain bike excursions, rock climbing
and caving tours in western Virginia and West Virginia. Shuttle and meals.
P. O. Box 151, Monterey, VA 24465. Phone (540) 468-2722.
- James River Basin Canoe Livery, Ltd. Outfitter with 10 mapped trips
of varying difficulty. RFD #6, Box 125, Lexington, VA 24450. E-mail: [email protected].
Phone (540) 261-7334.
- Murray's Fly Shop. Fly rods, 50,000 flies, schools, guides. P. O.
Box 156, Edinburg, VA 22824. Phone (540) 984-4212.
- Rockbridge Outfitters, Ltd. Mountain bike rental, retail outlet for
camping, bike supplies. 112 West Washington Street, Lexington, VA 24450. Phone
- Shenandoah River Outfitters. Outfitting and guide services on scenic
South Fork of Shenandoah River. Canoe, kayak, tube, fish. Tent campground,
cabins available. 6502 South Page Valley Road, Luray, VA 22835. (540) 743-4159
or (800) 6CANOE2.
- Wilderness Voyagers. Canoe and camping rental; shuttle service, hiking
trips; retail outlet. 1544 East Market Street, Harrisonburg, VA 22801. Phone
- Woodstone Meadows Equine Center. Trail rides in Massanutten Mountains.
Route 1, Box 110-L, McGaheysville, VA 22840. Phone (540) 289-6152.
and add comments about this page
Reader-Contributed Links to the Virginia Mountains Book: